Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weight Loss Update Wednesday: Week 3?

I started this diet on the 5th, so it is a little longer than 2 weeks in, but not quite 3 weeks.. I was going to the gym before that so I guess I'll call this week 3.

Since Last week I have lost 3 lbs. I was at 4 lbs, but I was just dehydrated and gained the lb back the next day. So total I have lost 8 lbs, which is 26.7% to my short term goal of 30 lbs, and 14.6% of my long term goal of 55 lbs. I have been averaging around 3.5 lbs/week, so if I stay at the same rate I should meet my short term goal around the beginning of October, and my long term goal in the middle of December. These are just extrapolations and I know I will plateau at some point, but it is good to know that it isn't in the too distant future. I will be in school by then and hopefully the stress and being busy wont be too much of a hurdle..

Diet: I have been doing fine at staying within my calories.. I drink lots of water, but probably not enough on days that I don't go to the gym. I did have one real foul-up this week: I drank beer. It was so good, but I got hungover and felt like crap the next day. I guess I just don't eat enough to handle drinking anymore, so I'll limit myself to one or two from now on. I have lost my appetite this week for some reason, so I have been probably under on calories. I think I have just lost interest since I don't eat anything that I crave anymore. I need to shake up my diet a little to make it more interesting, and start bringing snacks with me so I don't forget to eat.

Exercise: I did really good this week. I met my goal of 5 days, and I felt like I really pushed myself. I even went on the day I was hungover. It is getting easier too, so I may have to start doing something else to push myself harder. I am thinking of training for the "Run Like Hell". They do 5K and 10K, I'd be really proud to say I could do a half marathon, but I'm not sure if I am a runner, lol. I'll see how I do, and start running if I end up liking it. I probably wont run in my area though, because only the pretty people run around here.

Measurements: I have only lost inches in my waist so far, though I feel better in my clothes.. I guess it will just take more time to see the real difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment