Monday, July 19, 2010

Music Mondays: The National, IAMX, and Bat For Lashes.


The National has a new album out.. I never realized how depressed these guys are, but I love their music. The tracks I like are "Afraid of Everyone" and "Bloodbuzz Ohio", though they are getting lots of radio play for Bloodbuzz Ohio which is burning me out on that song. You can check out their myspace to listen to Bloodbuzz Ohio, or there are clips on iTunes of the whole album.


IAMX is a band that you may not know of, but it is one of my favorite bands. The frontman is Chris Corner of Sneaker Pimps. He is just pure genius. I haven't listened to much of this album yet other than the hit songs. Here are some links to the videos: My Secret Friend (feat Imogen Heap), The Tear Garden, and Think of England. Here is their myspace page where you can stream some of the songs.

Bat for Lashes is not necessarily new, but kinda new to me. I remember hearing one of their songs last year on fluxblog, but it didn't do much for me. I don't know what has happened since then, but I am liking it now. She is kinda like the new Kate Bush. It is really mellow, so probably better for at home than the gym.. "Daniel" is the most popular song, but I really like "Glass". Here is a video, and their myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment