Sunday, July 11, 2010

Diet of Doom

I recently started a diet, I mean *ahem* a 'lifestyle change', and so far it is going pretty well. My goal is to lose 55 lbs, however my short term goal is 30 lbs. This is week one and I have already lost 3 lbs! Before I would have laughed at that number. I use to lose weight so easily, but it has gotten much harder this year for some reason. I even went to the doctor because I thought I had a thyroid problem, but thankfully I don't. It was probably stress and depression working against me (I recently was taking weight lifting and kickboxing, yet continued to gain weight). But at last I am free! I have been really watching what I have been eating, and avoiding simple sugars.. I have finally stopped craving sweets, which is an amazing feat if you know me..

I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to meet my goal of 2 lbs a week because I didn't go to the gym as much as I had hoped this week (I went 4 instead of my goal of 5 days this week). It was miserably hot here, and we aren't use to heat so we don't have things like air conditioners.. I couldn't get myself go to the gym. The cardio machines are on the top floor, and so unless I go at night, it is like a sauna. It all worked out though, I am proud that I made it 4 days at least.. Now it is a new week and hopefully I can meet my goal and make it to the gym too. I have stopped doing weight lifting and am focusing 100% on cardio, though I may switch it up in a few weeks.

So, I don't know if I will be blogging too much about it, because I know it can be annoying to hear about diets and such, but maybe I'll do a weekly update on my progress :)

Here is a tip for drinking more water: make some iced tea. I found out that you do not need to brew it, it is so easy! You fill a pitcher with water, then add 2 tea bags, put it in the frig and it is good to go the next day. It infuses all on its own! I did this with Stash Raspberry Green Tea, and it was so good. It smelled sweet like a juice, but tasted like tea.. As much as I love water, it can get boring sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment