Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blog Update

I'm sorry, I have not been good at keeping to the schedule.. I didn't realize how much work it is to keep up with one every day. We had some beautiful summer days that I took advantage of (to the demise of my diet, but oh well), and I literally wasn't even home, let alone blogging. I hope everyone has had a great week and I will try to keep up with this more, though I can't make any promises on the blogging every day as life happens.

On the formulating end, I'm still working on making a soap collection for TKB. I'm frustrated right now because all the colors seem too similar, and I'm trying to step back and be objective. I am going to keep making color blends until I have 6 or 7 that I like, that are unique enough from each other.. Then I will try them in soap and choose the best 5. If you are curious about this project, it is just a collection that I'm going to call the 'city of roses' collection, after Portland, where I am drawing inspiration from the rose garden. It will most likely be pinks and purples, with a couple yellow/orange blends. One I could already see as an eyeshadow, but I guess natural colors like that are common in color cosmetics. So I hope this inspires some people, it is really easy to find inspiration if you are looking for it.

What is in your area that could inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment