Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weight Loss Update Wednesday: Week 4

Since Last week I have gained 1 lb. I had a bad week, and I guess 1 lb isn't as bad as it could be. Total I have lost 7 lbs, which is 23.3% to my short term goal of 30 lbs, and 12.7% of my long term goal of 55 lbs. This now throws off my average to 2.4 lbs/week, but is still within my original goal of 2 lbs/week. I'm trying not too be too bummed out about it.. Maybe its just approaching the dreaded *that time of th..* I will say no more on that subject though.

Diet: I do not know what has happened to me. Last week I had NO appetite, and now this week I'm craving bad things again: chips, sweets, you name it.. I caved a couple times, and had much more bread than in the previous weeks. Bottom line, I was not in control of my cravings. I guess I took it for granted how easily things were going, and as soon as I went out to eat and had drinks all the bad cravings and habits came back. I do not regret going out for dinner, or having some drinks when out to see a movie, because that is life.. But I also have to acknowledge that it isn't going to help me lose weight as easily as I have been in those earlier weeks. It is the other day when I just didn't want to do anything but watch movies and eat in my pajamas that I regret. I did make it to the gym that night, but I still need to have better control than that. I hate it when I eat just to eat, it is possibly one of my worst habits, and I will never understand it, because I'm not getting any pleasure from the food..

Exercise: I did alright this week. I think I only did 4 days though, but I went hiking on top of going to the gym, so I don't feel bad about not *technically* meeting my goal. The gym was way harder this week, probably because of my diet. At least I went, and that's all I can really say. I didn't feel motivated, but I was proud that I went and didn't fully fall off the diet wagon.

Measurements: I have lost inches this week, even though I gained a pound!? That is interesting.. It is in weird places too: my forearm and my hips. I lost .5" from my forearms, and 1.5" from my hips.. Does this mean my butt wants to disappear too! I hope I continue to lose equally in all areas, but I guess you can't always get what you want.. I actually wouldn't mind if I lost some inches off my chest, I have lots of bras that I can't quite wear right now that need some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment